Quote of the Day: “You only know as much as you don’t know.”
- GO (EUCOM)
1. Snow in the sun is much better than snow in the shadows.
2. A 13-year-old who has a 5-minute head start on you knows this before you do.
3. Snow packed in the ear from a snowball still pisses me off.
4. Waiting to look for snow boots after you have put on all your layers of clothing is a bad idea.
5. I can lose 4 pounds of sweat in 5 minutes
6. Emptying a hot chocolate packet into a large coffee cup and then adding coffee makes something near the Nectar Of The Gods.
7. Snow is not as beautiful and “fun” when you have to scrape it off two cars and a truck.
8. When a 13, 11, and 7-year-old are involved, the rule of “no snowballs above the shoulders” has a shelf-life of about 2 minutes.
9. A 13-year-old pouting in the snow because he’s pissed off everyone who would potentially play with him can quickly lose his appreciation that he’s NOT IN SCHOOL.
10. The same boy can really piss off his father by stating “I’m bored.”
11. Trashmen lose their holiday spirit when it snows and enforce the amount of bags they are required to haul off.
12. Trashmen find it too difficult to really empty out yard waste that happens to stick to the bottom of the trash can.
13. Trashmen have a dirty, thankless job that I’m glad I don’t have to do but somehow this doesn’t ease the anger at their apparent lack of going the extra mile.
14. I have significant rage against people who do not take the time to scrape off the snow from their cars end up doing so on my windshield going 70 miles per hour.
15. If there is anything cuter than a Weezer face, it has to be a Weezer face framed by a fur hood with a backdrop of freshly driven snow.
16. If there is anything more pitiful that a Buster, it has to be a Buster trying to find a place to take a dump in a backyard covered in snow.
Free Advice for Today: “Decide to get up 30 minutes earlier. Do this for a year and you will add seven and one-half days to your waking world.”
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.